Wishing Wells Society, a Registered Canadian Charity. Tax receipts issued for donations. (85100 5728 0001)
Our mission: To provide financial assistance where needed, for sustainable water systems to improve the quality of life for rural communities, ensuring projects are culturally, socially, environmentally and economically appropriate at the local level.
Wishing Wells Society is a continuation of man’s work – Fr. Bonnie Mendes, who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of the poor in India and died suddenly in 1998. In 2000, Wishing Wells held its first fundraising concert in memory of him and supported the first village well in Karivde, India.
Since 2000, a total of 78 village well or irrigation pond projects have been provided in India, Africa, and Haiti. These projects have a tremendous positive impact on the: health of the people, on the women and children who carry the water and the ability to grow a second crop in the dry season.
Funds are raised through: donations, collection of refundable drink containers, sale of hand-painted blank cards, and donation cards.
Help us help them:
- Contribute to a project – use the “Donate Now” button on our website, or mail your cheque to Wishing Wells Society, Box 31 St. Andrews, N.S., Canada B0H 1X0
- Sponsor a village well in family/business/group name
- Drop off refundables at 4105 route 316 St. Andrews
- Purchase donation cards in memory or in honor of someone
- Purchase packs of assorted blank cards
Check out and share this You Tube video about the act kindness that led to the creation of Wishing Wells and its positive impact around the world. One Small Kindness – The Story of Wishing Wells
Our website features Fr. Bonnie’s bio, project application information, project photos, articles and more www.wishingwellssociety.ca.