4-H offers more than 40 projects and currently in St. Andrews we offer: Great Outdoors, Foods, Woodworking, Goat, Miniature Horse, Crafts, Photography, Rabbit, Scrapbooking, Dog Obedience and Poultry. A part of a national program dedicated to the development of young people between the ages of 9 to 21. 4-Her’s take part in club, county, provincial and national activities, sports, games, picnics, camp-outs, tours and exchanges.
Through our motto “Learn To Do By Doing”, 4-H aims to help young people:
- Increase knowledge and develop new skills
- Acquire a positive attitude towards learning
- Learn how to work effectively in groups
- Develop the ability to make wise decisions
- Participate in new experiences
- Develop a sense of responsibility
- 4-Her’s Learning how to organize and carry out a meetings
- Take part in public speaking and judging programs
- Acquire leadership skills & entrepreneurial skills
The Canadian 4-H emblem is the clover. The official 4-H colors are green and white, green for agriculture and white for purity.
There are close to 2,400 members and 100 clubs in Nova Scotia. More than 80 countries worldwide have 4-H clubs. Currently the St. Andrews 4-H club consists of 61 members and 17 leaders.